Before you buy an AC unit for your Phoenix area home, check out our tips on choosing the right home comfort system!
Buying an air conditioner in Phoenix can be a positive experience IF you know what to look for and who to trust. To ensure you are making the right decision on this significant investment, we have given you some guidelines to help you make a well-informed decision.
The most important day of an air conditioner’s life is the day it is installed. Proper air conditioner installation will mean a difference in efficiency, equipment life, and comfort.
HVAC – choosing the right home comfort system:
- Air Conditioner Efficiency Ratings – In general, when it comes to efficiency, the more efficient the unit, the more it will cost initially. However, a more efficient, therefore more expensive unit will actually save you money over time as it requires less fuel to cool your home. Watch for the Energy Star label and check the SEER & EER ratings of each MFG. For a more in-depth description of these ratings check out the AHRI page of our website. New Arizona geothermal AC and heating technology can save you 30% to 60% on your cooling/heating bills by retrofitting your existing AC and heating equipment. Your application may qualify for APS rebates or government tax credits through the 2009 economic stimulus package, making this option the most affordable, yet cost-effective.
- Depending on the location of your outdoor (condensing) unit and the floor plan of your home, a noisy unit will either disturb you indoors or outdoors possibly destroying the peace and quiet in your yard, or interrupt your child’s nap.
- Comfort Features – Some air conditioners come with additional features that provide greater comfort. Two-speed units can run on low-speed (using about 50% of the energy) 80% of the time. Consequently, they use fewer on/off cycles and produce fewer drafts and much small temperature swings.
- Select the Correct Size – One thing you cannot forget is the size. If your unit is not large enough, you will be uncomfortable especially on hot summer days. If your unit is too large, it will not cycle efficiently which will cost you more, could reduce the life span of the equipment, and possibly leave your home humid. In other words, in order to achieve comfortable cooling and dehumidification, the system must be correctly sized. Have a heat load calculation completed to ensure your new system will be the proper size for your home/floor plan.
- Warranty – Verify the systems manufacturer warranty. Also, ask about extended warranty options. Verify your system has the maximum coverage.
- Manufacturers – Check out Phoenix AC and heating manufacturer’s page for more information about the brands we install
Air Conditioner Installation & Replacement
A new AC system installation is a big investment, and can either increase the value and efficiency of your home or be a huge headache for years! When you call AC by J you can rely on an experienced design expert who will perform a detail-oriented analysis of your home and comfort needs.
Whether you need to upgrade your air conditioner or install a completely new system, we can ensure that you get a long-lasting system that is properly sized and installed for maximum efficiency and performance.
Want to know more? Find out about AC by J’s installation and replacement services here.
Choose AC by J as Your Phoenix Area Air Conditioning Company
At AC by J, we value punctuality, efficient and effective service, and your customer satisfaction above all else. From central air conditioning to ductless mini-splits, our team does it all. Whether you have emergency repair needs, maintenance requirements, or the desire to upgrade your home with a high-efficiency AC system, you want to trust your home’s integral comfort systems to experts who are qualified and reliable. For over three decades, AC by J’s Comfort Team has built a reputation in Phoenix for excellent HVAC services.